November 2018   
SMTWTFS
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
     
Upcoming Events
NOV

22

THU
Men's Coffee Fellowship
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
McDonald's on Valley Mills Dr.
NOV

25

SUN
Mission Waco's Annual Biker Toy Run
8:00 AM
We will be collecting new unwrapped toys for Mission Waco's Annual Biker Toy Run. The bikers will be collecting the toys early Sunday morning, Nov. 25th. Please leave the price tags on the toys.
NOV

29

THU
Men's Coffee Fellowship
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
McDonald's on Valley Mills Dr.
DEC

01

SAT
Lamplighters
6:00 PM
Senior adults (50 yrs. & older) meet the first Saturday of each month for a meal, devotional & fellowship.
DEC

06

THU
Men's Coffee Fellowship
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
McDonald's on Valley Mills Dr.
Bible Search
Church History

Beacon Hill Baptist Church began in the home of Bro. & Mrs. Grady Lee on Aug. 27, 1951. H. L. McKissack and Royce Sanders came from Eight Avenue Baptist Church in Teague to assist in the organization. Eight people were present at this first meeting. The name of Grace Baptist Church was selected, but in November of that year, property was bought in the Beacon Hill Addition and the name was changed to Beacon Hill Baptist Church.

On Sept. 2, 1951, the Sunday School was organized and Bro. L. L. Collins, while attending Baylor University, was called as the first pastor. Charter members were: Bro. & Mrs. L. L. Collins, Bro. & Mrs. Oran Webb, Sister Sharp, Bro. & Mrs. John Bulin, Mrs. Raymond Ivy, Maggie Rawls, Bro. & Mrs. Paul Patterson, Bro. & Mrs. Luther Speed, Bro. & Mrs. B. V. Kiney, Christine Speed and Don Speed.

The church continued to meet in the Lee’s home while the inside of the building & lot bought for $1200 at Bagby & Monte Vista was finished; first service was held there on Dec. 16, 1951. Three pews were built for $7.20 and a piano was donated by members. In 1955 the building was enlarged to twice its size. A parsonage was bought at 1119 Monte Vista in 1958.

When another expansion was needed there was not enough property to meet city requirements. The current site at 1912 Monte Vista, a block from the old church, was acquired in 1963. A new building was erected and the first service was held in June, 1965. Shortly after this 2 adjoining lots were purchased, and in 1998 the church bought 2.61 more acres, for a total of nearly 5 acres of property. In May, 1969, a new parsonage was bought at 4905 Inwood Dr, about a mile from the church; this property was sold in 2001. With the help of the Texas Baptist Men Retirees, a new fellowship hall was built in 1995, and the current sanctuary in 2001.

Bro. Harley Gordon has been the pastor at two different times, currently serving as Senior Pastor. Bro. Reggie Blake has been at Beacon Hill since 1980 serving as Interim Pastor, Music Minister and currently as Pastor. We thank God for all the blessings He has bestowed on our church over the years and pray He will continue to use us for His glory.